Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Reversing the Orders

Lord, high and holy,
meek and lowly,
You have brought me to the valley of vision,
where I live in the depths
but see You in the heights;
locked in by mountains of sin I see Your glory.
Let me learn by paradox that

the way down is the way up,
that
to be low is to be high,
that
the broken heart is the healed heart,
that
the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit,
that
the repenting soul is the victorious soul,
that
to have nothing is to possess all,
that
to bear the cross is to wear the crown,
that
to give is to receive,
that
the valley is the place of vision.

Lord, while it is still day
stars may be seen through deep wells,
and the deeper the wells
the brighter Your stars shine;
let me find

Your
light in my darkness,
Your
life in my death,
Your
joy in my sorrow,
Your
grace in my sin,
Your
riches in my poverty,
Your
glory in my valley.

Amen.

No comments: