Friday, June 19, 2009

Timbre

it feels great being home again.. Kian and Richard met with me earlier for some beef brisket noodles, pork congee and fried wonton dumplings at Crystal Jade (Plaza Singapura, Dhoby Ghaut )and we proceeded to Timbre Old School at Mount Sophia (near Dhoby Ghaut) after that..the live music is fantastic and kudos again to the entrepreneuring people who thought of a place for local Singaporean bands to play while customers chill out with some beer..

of course, if you're talking about charm, ambience and idyllic(some say decadent) settings, nothing beats Dempsey Road at the converted former British colonial Baracks..now that place is the perfect haunt of expatriates and those of us with a sense of taste and finese, if i do say so myself..muahaha

one of the songs sung tonight by the band was Lady Gaga's Pokerface... Acoustic and unplugged..and i couldnt help laughing to myself and thinking about my friends in Newcastle who've seen me go crazy over this song and Lady Gaga's other musical ensembles..my my my my pokerface, my pokerface..this song is for you guys..and of course, the other memorable song that brought tears to my eyes (because i was laughing so hard) had to be..you guessed it, Jason Mraz and Colbie Cailat's Lucky...now that song is for you Dene and Emmerie..hahahahaha

and by God's grace i did have the opportunity before this to meet Ian while i was at the Cityhall Starbucks..which was completely unplanned and random..and we had a great time talking about his counselling work at St Francis School in Bukit Timah and work with Christian youth the past 6 months, while i told him about my past 6 months and the great academic trials i always face every sem..

and after that, i was having some late night supper at the Macas (aka Macdonalds) near my home..and i heard Reo Speedwagon on the radio..and promptly fell in love with Class 95 all over again..that was the radio station that saw me through the years 18 to 22 so i love you guys! Before that it was Perfect 10, 98.7 FM between 14 and 18 of course..buts its too bubble gum pop for me now..oh well..will keep everyone updated..See ya soon

No comments: